15962 Mississauga Rd, Caledon, ON
The Melville (White Church) was built in 1837 and the simplicity of its structure reflects the religious beliefs and modest means of the original Scottish Presbyterian pioneers in the Caledon area.
The Church was named after Andrew Melville who was an early follower of John Knox the founder of the Presbyterian Church in Scotland in the 17th century.
It was built by Daniel McMillan and his brothers. This stalwart Scot was a founder of nearby Erin. Prior to 1837 a log house served as both school and church, across the road from the present site. Upon completion the frame building was painted white, hence the popular name, "The White Church."
For more information about the Melville White Church please see: